Visual Art Festival - Register Online
Government College of Fine Arts, Chennai and MOHAN Foundation are proud to announce the 1st Visual Arts competition on the Theme of ORGAN DONATION. The objective of the competition is to encourage artists to think about the theme and show their talent in visual arts.
Registration – From June 15 to August 15, 2018
Digital submission - On or before August 21, 2018
Results of First level of Judging – August 31, 2018
Final Competition and Inauguration of Festival in Chennai - September 7, 2018
Registration fees - Rs 100/- only
Method, technique, and number of works
Rules and Conditions
- Paintings, illustrations and graphics, photographs, cartoons, and installations that have been produced in a separated or compound manner will be accepted.
- Participants are free to choose the method and technique of presenting their work.
- Every artist can participate in any of the fields and they can send up to 2 works altogether.
- Maximum space for bulky works in the gallery is 1 sqmt.
- The largest side for paintings must be 70 cm and the smallest one 50 cm.
- The dimensions for illustrations and graphics, cartoons, illustrations, and photographs are 50*70 cm with a resolution of 300 dpi and in one of the following formats: jpg, tiff, zip.
- All works of Art should be recent, not more than 6 months prior to submission.
- Registration number should be clearly mentioned in the top right corner.
- Every artist can include a statement of not more than 150 words about the content and context of the work.
- The applicant should be a student.
- All entries shall be uploaded online for the first level judging in JPG or TIF or ZIP format with your registration number as a file name. For Ex: MFVAF2018-078.
- Extra printing and presentation manner of the works in the fields of graphics, cartoons, illustrating, and photography is up to the festival’s administration office.
- Passe-partout, frames, and other ways of presenting the works in fields of painting and sculpture are considered a part of the work and the artists are in charge of them.
- The artists are in charge of sending and delivery of their works.
- Administration office of the festival is not responsible for the damages caused by improper delivery methods.
- Deciding on unanticipated issues is up to the festival’s administration.
- The shortlisted entries shall be the property of MOHAN Foundation to be used for promotion of organ donation in society by MOHAN Foundation. The participants therefore enter this competition in agreement that MOHAN Foundation will be allowed to display their work in exhibitions in any forum but not limited to the website.
- Maximum submission per person is 2.
- Submissions shall be accepted till 15th August 2018
- First submission is digital through MOHAN Foundation website.
Registration ends on 15th August 2018
First level – All digital submissions shall be shortlisted by a panel of Judges
Finals - The top 20 of each category shall be judged at the festival venue.
The shortlisted entries shall be the property of MOHAN Foundation to be used for promotion of organ donation in society by MOHAN Foundation. The participants therefore enter this competition in agreement that MOHAN Foundation will be allowed to display their work in exhibitions in any forum but not limited to the website.
For further details, please contact Mr. Ruban Victor @ 9940579826 & Mr. Sivashankar @ 8124480279 & Email - [email protected]