Post Graduate Diploma in Transplant Coordination and Grief Counselling (https://el.mohanfoundation.org/)
Learn At Your Own Pace
MOHAN Foundation offers a structured one-year Post Graduate Diploma in Transplant Coordination and Grief Counselling where you can learn at your own pace. This is a unique blended learning (E-learning and contact sessions*) for working health care professionals.
Creating a cadre of health care professionals dedicated to “Transplant Coordination and Grief Counselling” in India and South Asia to improve Organ Donation Rate in this region.
About the Course
This course will help you understand the requirements for:
Who should Join
- Tissue Donation and Transplantation
- Living Organ Donation and Transplantation
- Deceased Organ Donation and Multi-Organ Retrieval
- Heart, Lung, Liver, Kidney, Pancreas, Intestine Transplantation
Doctors / Nurses / Allied Science graduates / Graduates in any subject / Masters in Social Work / Psychology / Sociology / Social Sciences / Public Health / Hospital Administration who wish to have a value-add to their qualification.
- One Year – Blended learning (E-learning and contact sessions*
The registration fee for this course is subsidised due to part funding from Tata Trusts and SBI Foundation.
The course has four components
- E-learning online modules – There are 75 modules that cover the medical, legal, ethical and religious aspects of organ donation and transplantation as well as counselling, grief counselling and transplant coordination. The modules include theory, PowerPoint presentations, video lectures and films.
- Contact sessions*
- Application oriented field visits*
On completion of the course, the candidate will have to take the final online examination.
Total hours – 480
2 Hours X 5 Days X 4 Weeks X 12 Months = 480 Hours
(40 hours = 1 month)
||No. of Units
||Hours per Unit
|| 1 Month
| Contact sessions*
|| 1 Month
| Application oriented field visits*
|| 1 Month
**Subject to revision
• Rs. 15,000 or USD 225 - Course Fee.
• Rs. 15,500 - Course Fee + Transplant coordinators' manual and law book. (This provision is applicable only for participants from India. The hard copies of the manuals will be despatched to the address for communication submitted in your registration form)
All Cheques/DDs may be made in favour of "MOHAN Foundation" payable at Chennai.
Terms and Conditions:
The certificate will be issued solely by MOHAN Foundation and not by the National Organ and Tissue Transplant Organisation (NOTTO)/any state body.
Fees once paid will not be refunded.
After completing the registration process, username and password to access course materials will be communicated through email.
If you are not able to clear the final examination in the first attempt, you will be allowed to reattempt the exam one more time. The reattempt will be conducted within two months from the announcement of the results.
Reattempt fee is Rs. 1,500/-
* Due to COVID-19 pandemic, contact sessions and application oriented field visits for 2021 batch will be covered through virtual sessions and educational films.
Click here for Feedback