MOHAN Foundation (“we”, “us”, “our”, “Company) respects the privacy of the individuals, and strives to comply with requirements for data privacy and information security established by the Information Technology Act, 2000 and the Information Technology (Reasonable Security Practices and Procedures and Sensitive Personal Data or Information) Rules, 2011, made thereunder.
We are fully aware of your concerns about sharing personal information with us. The Policy covers only information collected through the Sites and does not cover any data collection or processing, that do not link directly with this Policy, or by third party sites that we may be linked to.
Personal Information We Collect
Personal information includes information that identifies you as an individual or relates to you as an identifiable individual.
1. MOHAN Foundation does not collect any personally identifiable information about visitors to this website unless the visitors choose to explicitly provide it. If visitors do not want their personal information compiled, such information should not be submitted through this website.
2. If you choose to register as a donor on the website, we collect the following data sets of personal information: user name, age, gender, their address and contact information. We further collect additional details for the purpose of creating an emergency contact for the donor.
4. We may further collect information voluntarily submitted by you, to register for our newsletter, information, resources, or feedback forms.
5. We also collect technical information such as URL details, browser information, Internet Protocol (IP) address, device information (device OS version and device hardware), unique device identifiers, mobile phone number, generated and collected automatically by our systems managing the Sites.
Purpose of Collection of Information
1. We use the information that you directly submit, to create your donor profile on the Sites, provide requested information and support and correspond with you on other aspects.
2. We use the information provided by you, to generally improve the content, design and navigation of the Sites.
3. We may combine the types of data collected, to the extent permissible in law, and as consented by you.
4. If you have an account with us, we will send correspondence regarding your account or changes to relevant agreements or policies.
5. We may also, use your correspondence details to communicate information regarding our events and services, as well as any other information which may be relevant to you.
6. We may use your information to include it within the MOHAN Foundation Donor Registry, to create your donor card to the registrant and correspond with you and your selected emergency contact.
Sharing and Transfer of Information
We will not disclose your personal information to third parties, except: (a) with your consent; (b) to service providers who act on our behalf and under our instructions to perform certain functions (e.g., IT companies and other advisors); (c) as required by applicable law, such as to co-operate with law enforcement agencies or upon receipt of a court order; or (d) to courts and public authorities to protect you, us, or third parties from harm, including fraud or instances where somebody’s physical safety is at risk.
Our service providers are obliged to comply with this Policy and adhere to confidentiality requirements for processing of your personal information. In the event of a merger, acquisition, or other reorganization or sale of our business or assets, we may share or transfer your information, where the recipient will be required to use the information in accordance with this Policy.
Data Retention and Access.
1. The retention timeline for a specific data set shall be dependent upon the nature of information you provide to us, and the context in which such information is furnished to us.
2. We keep data at least as long as required by applicable law, and we may keep data as long as permitted by applicable law.
3. You may access, correct, and/or update your information by accessing your accounts or profiles on our Sites.
4. You may also request corrections, updates, or deletion of your information. We will make reasonable efforts to respond promptly to such requests in accordance with applicable laws. You may reach out to us at: [email protected], in order to affect such requests with us.
Your personal information may be transferred to and stored in locations outside laws of the territory in which our affiliates, subsidiaries are incorporated in, and work out of, only where you have specifically consented to it, and have caused a request to be made to this end. We will do this only when the destination jurisdiction has an adequate and appropriate level of protection and where the transfer is lawful and necessary for performance of our obligations to you.
We take commercially reasonable technical, physical, and organizational steps to safeguard any information you provide to us, to protect it from unauthorized access, loss, misuse, or alteration. Although we take reasonable security precautions, no computer system or transmission of information can ever be completely secure or error-free, and you should not expect that your information will remain private under all circumstances. In addition, it is your responsibility to safeguard any passwords, ID numbers, or similar individual information associated with your use of the Sites.
We reserve the right to change this Policy from time to time and in our sole discretion. We will alert you, where feasible, when changes have been made by indicating the date it was last updated as the date this Policy became effective. When you visit the Sites, you accept the version of this Policy in effect at that time. We recommend that you periodically revisit this Statement to learn of any changes.
For any queries related to this Policy, please reach out to us at:
3rd Floor, Toshniwal Building,
No. 267, Kilpauk Garden Road,
Chennai – 600 010. India.
E-mail: [email protected]
Last updated on: July 7, 2022