GIFT HOPE GIFT LIFE…through a Masterclass
SBI Foundation & SBI DFHI Limited
One-day masterclasson key topicsthat will enhance your knowledge and empower you with practical skills to manage and engage effectively in the workplace.
Who is it for?
- Soft skills and communication – ‘Make yourself heard’
- Counselling and Grief Counselling – ‘The healing touch’
- Social media – ‘Leveragethe power’
Healthcare professionals (nurses, administrators, allied healthcare staff, doctors, transplant coordinators).Also ideal for NGO professionals and those involved in advocacy/policy making to learn new techniques of societal engagement.
What will you learn?
SOFT SKILLS AND COMMUNICATION – ‘MAKE YOURSELF HEARD’
The ‘Emotional Quotient (EQ)’ of a person determines the success of a person in the workplace. This, of course, is in addition to hard skills (knowledge about the subject). But EQ that includes soft skills is a key determinant in successful effectiveness and efficiency of a professional. This masterclass goes into the integral skills that are required to turn you into a successfulworking professional.
- Building leadership skills
- Developing networking skills
- Team building
- Negotiation and conflict management
COUNSELLING AND GRIEF COUNSELLING – ‘THE HEALING TOUCH’
- Communication skills – Speaking and writing skills, effective presentations, writing blog posts and content for the web
- Body language, dress etiquette, workplace etiquette
- Stress management
Counselling in the context of organ donation and transplantation takes on varying hues and is extremely challenging. On the one hand, it involves talking to bereaved families about donating the organs of a loved one, and on the other, it is about offering succour to patients with end-stage organ disease. Healthcare professionals need to be strongly equipped in counselling techniques, breaking bad news, and grief counselling. Working in this area can take a toll, so developing strategies to deal with burnout is equally important. All of this will be dealt with in this masterclass with emphasis on ‘the healing touch’ not just for the clients, but for oneself.
SOCIAL MEDIA – ‘LEVERAGE THE POWER’
- Understanding counselling as a process
- Cognitive Behaviour Therapy - Scenarios
- Breaking Bad news and grief counselling – Insights and interactions
- Dealing with burnout and 'compassion fatigue'
Social media and organ donation - The pervasiveness of social media has ramifications for both deceased and living organ donation. The positive aspects include improving awareness with its ability to reach out to a large number of people in a short span of time and raising funds for an expensive transplant. However, soliciting potential live donors for kidney or liver transplant on social media has both a positive and negative impact and creates ethical dilemmas. How you can engage effectively with all of these aspects across various social media platforms will be addressed.
Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, Facebook, LinkedIn
Faculty and pedagogy
- Facebook – beyond the basics
- Creating a Twitter account/YouTube channel
- Posting and promotion
- Creating short videos
- Tips on following and being followed
- Going viral - formatting messages for maximum mileage
- Crowdfunding and how to raise funds for transplants
Expert faculty will facilitate the sessions through experience sharing, skilling activities, practice presentations and step-by-step review, role plays and interactions.
Rs.500/- per masterclass
At the end of the Masterclass you will be awarded a Certificate of Completion and Achievement.
REGISTER NOW – Limited seats
For further information please contact:
Mr. Ruban Victor
Toshniwal Building – 3rd Floor,
267, Kilpauk Garden Road,
Chennai 600 010.