MOHAN Foundation conducted an organ donation awareness talk for the sweepers and other workers of the Nagpur Municipal Corporation on 27th September 2020. Mr.Sachin Lonkar had organized the interaction and Mr. Bulu Behera, Transplant Coordinator of the Foundation gave the following information to the workers:
- Types of deaths
- Organs that can be donated after brain death, after natural death and while living
- Where is waitlist of organ failure patients available and how to register in it
- Who can donate organs
- Difference between come and brain death
- MOHAN Foundation’s activities
- Helpline number and MOHAN Foundation’s website
- How would MOHAN Foundation get to know of someone’s death?
- The Organ Transplantation Act 1994
- Importance of Donor card
The following are a few questions that were asked:
- What is the difference between coma and brain death?
- Whom to contact for eye donation?
- What is the time duration for organ donation after death?
Around 22 people were reached out to and 2 of them signed up to be organ donors. MOHAN Foundation appreciates the Corporation’s initiative and is thankful for the opportunity.