Mr. Bulu Behera, Transplant Coordinator of MOHAN Foundation Nagpur, interacted with a group of people about organ donation on 28th September 2020 over the Zoom meeting platform. Mr. Amol Hadke, the Admin of a group of friends on WhatsApp had extended the invitation.
Mr. Behera and the group had a discussion on the following topics:
- Types of deaths
- Organs that can be donated after brain death, after natural death and while living
- Where is waitlist of organ failure patients available and how to register in it
- Who can donate organs
- Difference between come and brain death
- MOHAN Foundation’s activities
- Helpline number and MOHAN Foundation’s website
- How would MOHAN Foundation get to know of someone’s death?
- The Organ Transplantation Act 1994
- Importance of Donor card
The following are a few questions that were asked:
- What are the causes of brain death?
- Whom to contact for organ donation after death?
- What is the process for voluntary body donation?
It was very interactive session with 18 participants, five of whom signed up as organ donors. MOHAN Foundation is thankful to the participants and Mr. Hadke for the opportunity.