On 11th December, 2021, Mr. Jagdish Borude conducted organ donation awareness program at TICU and MICU of Sassoon General Hospital, Pune. The participants who attended this session were the Nursing staff of Medicine ICU and Trauma ICU.
Topics discussed in the session were as follows:
- Importance of organ donation and role of nursing staff in Medicine ICU and Trauma ICU in its promotion.
- Identification of brain dead patients in Trauma ICU.
- Importance of informing Transplant Coordinator about brain death and circulatory death cases which has occurred in ICU so that the Transplant Coordinators can counsel the patient’s relative for organ donation.
- Organ donation and its types
- Types of death
- Difference between organs and tissues.
- Grief counselling and its stages.
- Introduction to donor card and its importance.
Donor cards were distributed at the end of the session. There were 23 participants who attended the session. They appreciated Mr. Jagdish for giving them an inspirational session and for spreading awareness about organ donation in the hospital.
Source-Mr. Jagdish Borude