Mr. Avijit Gokhale of Nagpur organized an online awareness talk on organ donation on 15th August 2021, the Independence Day. He invited Dr. Ravi Wankhede, Director of MOHAN Foundation to talk about organ donation and present a song on the theme to the audience.
Dr. Wankhede used a PowerPoint presentation and covered the following points during his talk:
- Organ donation and tissue donation
- Difference between coma and brain death
- Difference between natural death and drain death
- The organ donation process
- Organs and tissues that can be donated after natural death and brain death
- Role of ZTCC
- Role of NOTTO, ROTTO and SOTTO in organ donation and transplantation
- Transplant Law
- MOHAN Foundation’ activities
- Importance of donor card
- Using MOHAN Foundation’s helpline number and website
Approximately 85 people were present during the virtual talk.
Source-Mr. Bulu Behera