On 16th September 2019, MOHAN Foundation was invited to a CME on deceased organ donation organized by Alexis Hospital, Mankapur in Nagpur. The programme was organized with the objective of sensitizing all the transplant hospitals of Nagpur about organ donation and transplantation.
The following lectures were part of the event:
- Journey of ZTCC Nagpur by Dr. Vibhawari Dani, President ZTCC Nagpur and Former Dean GMC & IGGMC, Nagpur
- Deceased organ donation - its current status in Vidarbha by Dr. Ravi Wankhede, Secretary of ZTCC, Nagpur and Hon’ Director of MOHAN Foundation, Nagpur
- Role of NOTTO/ROTTO/ SOTTO and ZTCC by Dr. V. L. Gupta, Vice President of ZTCC, Nagpur, Nephrologist and Former HOD GMC, Nagpur
- The Good and Bad Counseling of Donor family by Dr. Ravi Wankhede
- Maintenance/Management of Potential Deceased organ donation by Dr Piyush Shrivastava, HOD Transplant Anaesthesia, Fortis Delhi
- Difficulties and bottlenecks in NTORS & TC by Dr. Avinash Chaudhari and Dr. Naresh Tiripude
- Role of Police, Green Corridors and Airport Management by Mrs. Veena Wathore, ZTCC Transplant Coordinator
- Role of Hospital Administrators by Dr. Tushar Gawad - Administrator, Alexis Hospital
- ZTCC-Nagpur Website and its utility by Mrs. Veena Wathore
- How to get patients registered for transplant by Ms. Priti Jain/Ms. Mrunali Khonde, Transplant Coordinators of Alexis Hospital
- Approach to comprehensive liver transplant program by Dr. Prakash Jain, Laparoscopic, GI and Liver Transplant Surgeon, Alexis Hospital.
- Life after transplants by Dr. Tom Cherian, MD South Asian Liver Institute, National Director
- Summary analysis by Dr. V. L. Gupta
MOHAN Foundation is thankful to Alexis Hospital for the opportunity to participate and speak at the CME.