On March 23, 2017, the fifth session for students being trained under Angels of Change Volunteers for Organ Donation was conducted at Bal Bharati Public School, Ganga Ram Hospital Marg, New Delhi. This session was in continuation to the fourth session where in students conducted mock presentations prepared by them in front of MOHAN Foundation faculty. Dr. Muneet Kaur Sahi, Programme Manager and Ms. Mareena Thomas, Programme Officer, MOHAN Foundation Delhi-NCR observed the session.
Thirteen students from standard VIII-XI made the presentation in groups. Arpita Sharma, Nayonika Arora, Fatima, Aditi Anand and Kanika, from Group 1, Tanya Aggarwal, Mansi Bisht, Shilpa Mann and Sparsh Vashist from Group 2, Aayushi Sachdev, Kinjal Agarwal, Palak Chauhan and Maanay Bansal from Group 3 presented. Yashika Mehta presented the session individually. The accuracy of the information and presentation of the students were evaluated on the basis of the feedback given in the last session.
Dr. Muneet and Ms. Mareena gave feedback to the students wherever required. Ms. Sandhya, the teacher coordinator from the school gave suggestions to the students so that they could improve their connectivity to the audience.
Some of the feedbacks given by the MF team were:
1. Using the video, ‘what is brain death?’ while explaining brain death.
2. Presentation should flow easily so that the audience connectivity is maintained
3. The public should be given information in the most lucid manner possible.
4. Technical details to be kept minimal.
5. Each myth on organ donation along with its reality check to be placed in a separate slide.