On 12th August 2021, MOHAN Foundation and ROTTO SOTTO Mumbai conducted a refresher training for transplant coordinators of West zone, on "COVID-19 Challenges and Impact on Organ Donation and Transplantation."
The objective of this workshop was to enable the transplant coordinators to interact with the experts –
- Dr. Sujata Patwardhan on - Post COVID-19 statistics and outcome in organ donation and transplantation programme in the west zone
- Dr. Akash Shukla on - changes in guidelines in deceased living organ donation programme, post COVID-19
- Clinician's perspective - kidney transplant (Dr. VIvek Kute), liver transplant (Dr. Sheetal Mahajani) and thoracic organ transplant post COVID-19 (Dr. Unmil Shah)
- Dr. Rahul Pandit on - Ruling out COVID-19 in deceased donor - ICU perspective
Lastly, the session included sharing of experiences by Transplant Coordinators –
- Donor side counselling and coordination (by Surekha Joshi, Pune)
- Recipient side counselling and coordination (by Nishant Sarvagod, Mumbai)
- Continuing deceased organ donation programme through COVID-19 (by Ciju Nair, Navi Mumbai)
- Successful Paediatric donation during COVID times - a case study (by Mayuri Barge, Pune)
139 participants attended the workshop.
MOHAN Foundation is very grateful to ROTTO SOTTO Mumbai for its association. Our sincere thanks to the experts and the speakers for their valuable contribution. Lastly, we thank our sponsors, Sanofi and SBI Foundation for their support.
Source-Mrs. Jaya Jairam