On 2nd July 2022, MFJCF was invited by Jaipur National University to conduct an awareness talk on organ donation and transplantation for their staff, medical students and interns.
Dr. Anita Hada, Project Director and Dr. Sanjana Bhojwani, Member of MFJCF conducted the talk. A total of 250 participants attended the talk.
They talked about the following points:
• What is organ donation and what are the types of donations?
• Who can be a donor?
• Difference between natural death and brain death
• What organs can be donated after natural and brain death
• Myths around organ donation
• Real-life stories of organ donors of Rajasthan
• Importance of donor card
• Organ pledging via Driving License
A few questions asked by the students are:
• How would the hospital know that we have pledged as an organ donor
• Whom to contact in case we want to donate organs of our loved ones
• Can we donate skin if someone dies at home?
All the questions were satisfactorily answered by Dr. Anita Hada and Dr. Sanjana Bhojwani. Around 100 people pledge as Organ Donor.
The National Organ Donation Helpline number, 1800 103 7100 was shared with the participants. Some of the staff members picked up donor cards and pledge as an organ donor. MFJCF is thankful to Gen Chopra, for inviting us to conduct the talk.