On 26th January, on the occasion of Republic day, Junior Chamber International (JCI) Nagpur Shikhar Mr. Rahul Kamdi president of JCI invited Mr. Bulu Behera a transplant coordinator at MOHAN Foundation, Nagpur, to put an organ donation stall. People approached at the stall to get information regarding organ donation.
Following information was provided to JCI Members-
- What is organ donation and who can donate organ?
- What is live donation & which organ can be donated?
- What is deceased donation and which organs and tissues can be donated?
- Types of death and in case natural death which tissues can be donated?
- In case of brain death which organs and tissues can be donated?
- What are the causes of brain death?
- Difference between coma and brain death.
- Time factor of organ retrieval as well as transplant.
- Whom to contact for organ donation?
- Age limit for organ donation?
- Role of NOTTO, ROTTO, SOTTO, ZTCC for organ donation.
- Information about Organ Transplant Act 1994.
- Information about hand and leg transplant.
- Information about organ transplant priority list.
- Information about MLC and Non MLC with respect to organ donation.
- Myths and facts related organ donation.
- Historical prospective related to organ donation.
- Importance of donor card.
- Request to use MOHAN Foundation website and help line number to pledge register for organ donation.
Questions asked by the members-
- Whom to contact if an organ is needed by someone?
- What are the government schemes for organ transplant?
- What is the cost of hand transplant?
Approximately 80 members approached. 15 members amongst them signed consent form for organ donation rest of them wanted to have a discussion with family regarding organ donation.
Source-Mr. Bulu Behera