“Be the missing piece. Bring someone back to LIFE”.
Mrithasanjeevani, Kerala Network for Organ Sharing was invited by E.M.S Charitable Society Konni, Pathanamthitta, Kerala to give an awareness talk on organ donation. The programme was held at Madathil Kavu Durga auditorium on 8th July 2013. On this occasion, Organ Donation Forum was started by the volunteers to encourage the public to come forward for organ donation. The program started with welcome speech was delivered by Mr. K.S. Shasi Kumar, Secretary E.M.S Charitable Society.
The Organ Donation Forum was inaugurated by Rev. Fr David Chiramel, Chairman of Kidney Federation of India and his talk inspired and motivated the whole crowd.
Captain Raju, Malayalam film actor gave an effective speech on organ donation. He showed the proof that he has already registered for Eye donation.
Dr. Noble Gracious, Nodal Officer, Mrithasanjeevani showed a power point presentation on Concept of deceased donor organ transplantation. The main topics discussed on during talk were:
1. Transplantation of Human Organ Act 1994
2. Types of donation
3. Cardiac death and brain death
4. Brain death certification
5. Organs that can be donated after brain death and cardiac death
6. Age criteria of the donor
7. KNOS website
8. Importance of donor card
9. Organ Donation Toll free help line
10. Religious myths on Organ Donation.
Around 350 members participated in the programme. Some of the queries were raised by the participants:
1. How to register for eye donation.
2. How to register for kidney transplantation.