On May 28, 2023, MOHAN Foundation was invited by platinum Green society secretary Mr.Sudhir Chowji, to give information to society residency in association with Vicco Company. Vicco company put up a stall for product promotion and MOHAN Foundation put up a stall for organ donation awareness Mr.Bulu Behera transplant coordinator gave information with the help of a Banner, donor card, pledge form, and helpline sticker. Information given to visitors is given below.
Mr. Bulu gave the following information to visitors:
- What is organ donation? Who can donate an organ?
- What is brain death and natural death?
- After brain death, which organs and tissues can be donated?
- After natural death, which tissues can be donated, and what are the time factors?
- What is the difference between coma and brain death?
- Is organ donation possible if the patient is in a coma?
- Live person, which organs can be donated, and what are the criteria for live donation?
- Information regarding body donation and eye donation
- What are the legal and ethical implications of organ donation?
- What does the Transplantation of Human Organs Act of 1994 say about organ donation?
- What is the role of NOTTO, ROTO, SOTTO, ZTCC, and the MOHAN Foundation in organ donation?
- Historical aspect of organ donation.
- What are the time factors for organ donation?
It was an interactive session and the participants asked the following questions:
- What are the government facilities for organ transplants?
- How MOHAN Foundation will be known after my death?
- Is there any support by the Government to donor family?
In the end, Bulu requested all the participants to use the Foundation's website and helpline number for any information on organ donation or for online pledging of organs. About 55 Platinum Green Society members visited stall and 6 signed up for organ donation.
MOHAN Foundation thank Mr. Sudhir Chowji for supporting the noble cause of organ donation.
Source-Mr. Bulu Behera