On 5th May 2023, Shri. Jayadip G. Pande Secretary of district legal service authority, District court, Nagpur invited Dr.Ravi Wankhede and Mr.Bulu Behera from MOHAN Foundation to conduct an awareness session on organ donation talk in the district court.
In that program Shri. Jayadip G.Pande, Secratary of district legal service authority, Shri.M.S.Azami, District Judge, Shri.S.B.Agrawal, District & session judge and Adv. Roshan Bagade president of Advocate union Nagpur, as well as others judges & advocates were present.
Dr.Ravi Wankhede in his talk gave information which is given below.
- What is organ donation? Who can donate an organ?
- What is brain death and natural death?
- After brain death, which organs and tissues can be donated?
- After natural death, which tissues can be donated, and what are the time factors?
- What is the difference between coma and brain death?
- Is organ donation possible if the patient is in a coma?
- Live person, which organs can be donated, and what are the criteria for live donation?
- Information regarding body donation and eye donation
- What are the legal and ethical implications of organ donation?
- What does the Transplantation of Human Organs Act of 1994 say about organ donation?
- What is the role of NOTTO, ROTO, SOTTO, ZTCC, and the MOHAN Foundation in organ donation?
- Historical aspect of organ donation.
- What are the time factors for organ donation?
Questions asked by participants:
- If any person sell kidney what is the punishment?
- Who is the legal person for brain death declaration?
- After organ transplant how many year patients can alive?
In the end, Dr. Wankhede requested all the participants to use the Foundation's website and helpline number for any information on organ donation or for online pledging of organs. About 40 attended and 2 of them signed consent form for organ donation.
MOHAN Foundation thank ShriJayadip G.Pande for supporting the noble cause of organ donation.
Source-Mr. Bulu Behera