On August 23, 2023, MOHAN Foundation and SOTTO Haryana conducted an awareness session at ECHS Polyclinic, Tilak Nagar, Rohtak. Col. Jitender Balhara, Officer in Charge of ECHS Polyclinic, Rohtak, introduced the MOHAN Foundation and SOTTO team to people present there. He also talked about the purpose of talking to them.
Ms. Renu Kumari of MOHAN Foundation, along with Ms. Deepti Kumari, discussed the following points during the session in detail:
• What is organ donation, and who can donate organs?
• What is living donation, and which organs can be donated?
• What is deceased donation, and which organs and tissues can be donated?
• Difference between coma and brain death.
• Time factors for organ retrieval as well as transplant
• Eye donation.
• Whom should I contact for organ donation?
• The role of the NOTTO, ROTTO, SOTTO, and MOHAN Foundations in organ donation
• Myths and facts related to organ donation
• Importance of a donor card.
• How to register for a donor card to pledge organ donation
This was the second session that MOHAN Foundation and SOTTO Haryana had conducted at the ECHS Polyclinic in Tilak Nagar, Rohtak. While Col. Jitender Balhara, ECHS Officer In charge, medical officers, support staff, and members of the general public were eager to understand the significance of addressing organ donation, the participants were kept actively involved in a highly engaging conversation about the themes.
FAQ brochures and information pamphlets were distributed. Many interesting questions, as below, were put forth:
• Can one be an organ donor if they have an autoimmune disorder?
• How should organs be distributed fairly?
At the end of the session, Ms. Renu Kumari thanked the participants for attending the session.
About 70 participants attended the session, and among them, two individuals filled out the organ donation pledge form.