On 6th February 2019, MOHAN Foundation was invited by the Principal, Multani Mal Modi College, Patiala to conduct an Awareness Program on Organ Donation.
In this program, there were 30 students of M.Sc first year biotechnology who participated with keen interest and they were given an introduction and presentation on Organ Donation and Brain Death by Dr.Ritika Masih.
In this talk she explained the following points: -
● Organ donation types and who can be a donor
● She challenged 5 myths with 5 facts on Organ Donation
● Difference between natural death and brain death
● Real life stories of an organ transplant being shared with the participants
● Importance of Donor card
● To pledge their organs, they can register at MOHAN Foundation.
Participants were very enthusiastic and asked many queries related to the transplantation process. Participants were highly satisfied and motivated with the noble cause by the MOHAN Foundation.
Our Special thanks to Dr.Kuldeep, HOD department of Biotechnology for their kind support in organising the session.