MFJCF-sponsored program on organ donation for villages was broadcast on 101.2 AIR. All India Radio’s program for villages, Gram Bharti, features discussions on various social, cultural, economic and agricultural topics in the local Rajasthani language. AIR has almost 5000 live listeners via its mobile app, and via radio, it covers 70% area of Rajasthan accounting for more than 50,000 live listeners.
The broadcast was on 07th January 2023 at 9:15 Am- 9:45 Am featured Dr. Vinay Tomar as the guest speaker. He answered various questions related to organ donation, including:
What are the functions of kidney?
2. What happens when our kidneys fail?
3. What is Dialysis, how does it help?
4. What are the side effects of Dialysis?
5. What is kidney transplant?
6. What is the difference between live and deceased transplant?
7. Can we donate kidney when we are still alive, what are the side effects, if any?
8. How can we pledge for Organ Donation.
Towards the end, Dr. Vinay Tomar encouraged the audience to talk about and pledge for the organ donation with their family and friends and support the cause and request the listeners to save the toll free number 1800-103-7100.