On 22nd June 2022, MFJCF was invited by Kamal Poddar Institutes to conduct an awareness talk on organ donation and transplantation for their students.
Dr. Anita Hada of MFJCF conducted the talk. Also Mrs. Bhavna Jagvani, Convenor of MFJCF attended the talk. A total of 100 students and staff attended the talk.
She talked about the following points:
• What is organ donation and what are the types of donations?
• Who can be a donor?
• Difference between natural death and brain death
• What organs can be donated after natural and brain death
• Myths around organ donation
• Real-life stories of organ donors of Rajasthan
• Importance of donor card
• Organ pledging via Driving License
A few questions asked by the students are:
• How would the hospital know that we have pledged as an organ donor
• Whom to contact in case we want to donate organs of our loved ones
• Can we donate skin if someone dies at home?
All the questions were satisfactorily answered by Dr. Anita Hada.
The National Organ Donation Helpline number, 1800 103 7100 was shared with the participants. Out of 100, 60 students picked up donor cards. MFJCF is thankful to Mrs. Kamal ma'am, for inviting us to conduct the talk.