MOHAN Foundation Hyderabad organized a “NGO Connect” Programme on September 10, 2017 at Hotel Quality Inn Residency, Hyderabad to celebrate success on the occasion of 15th anniversary. This meet was attended by over 200 NGO members from both Telugu states of Andhra Pradesh and Telangana. Family members of organ donors, body donors and tissue donors were felicitated during the meet.
Sri. V. V. Lakshminarayana, Additional Director General of Police, Mumbai and former Joint Director CBI, was invited as chief guest. He had spoken at length on the importance of organ donation and appreciated the efforts of MOHAN Foundation and other NGO partners. Dr. K. Ravindranath of Global Hospitals and Dr. Sunil Shroff, Founder & Managing Trustee of MOHAN Foundation, have participated in this meet.
MOHAN Foundation has been the leader in the area of organ donation since 1997 and has been successful in bringing global best practices and networks, taking good ideas to scale organ donation rate, and has been the access point for resources of organ donation providing support to the local stakeholders. This is a significant achievement by a non-profit as almost no donations were happening 20 years back in India.
1) MOHAN Foundation initiated the deceased donation program in Tamil Nadu, Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, Kerala, Delhi and Rajasthan.
2) MOHAN Foundation – Hyderabad was started in 2002 and has worked relentlessly for over 15 years in motivating and educating millions of people about deceased organ donation in both Telangana and Andhra Pradesh.
3) Deceased organ donation rate in five years went up by more than 4 times to 0.80 per million population in 2016 from 0.16 in 2012.
4) MOHAN Foundation has trained over 1,600 transplant coordinators in India and over 300 of them are from Telangana and Andhra Pradesh.
5) Around 70% of donations in India are currently happening through the efforts of these trained transplant coordinators.
6) MOHAN through its public awareness campaigns has reached out to more than 10 million Indians over the last 15 years with the message of organ donation. Today, organ donation is at the forefront of causes due to all these efforts. MOHAN has also distributed more than 2.5 million printed donor cards and later on with online pledging and now with mobile applications.
MOHAN Foundation has always believed in working together with local partners and it is the most effective way to build stronger communities and institutions for the future generations.
This “NGO Connect” Programme by MOHAN Foundation Hyderabad is organized with the aim to encourage and enable real participation of local partners by promoting deceased organ donation and creating an impact nationally and internationally.