Procedure for getting approval for Renal Transplantation in Tamil Nadu
ORGAN TRANSPLANTATION: Procedure for getting approval for Renal Transplantation in Tamil Nadu
UTHORISATION COMMITTEE FOR APPROVAL OF CASES FOR RENAL TRANSPLANTATION.
- An Authorisation Committee was constituted by the Government in G.O.Ms.No.287, Health, dt.5.5.95 for the regulation of removal, storage and transplantation of human organs for therapeutic purposes and for the prevention of commercial dealings in human organs consisting of the following members namely.
To conduct a renal transplantation the hospital should be approved by the appropriate authority for organ transplantation namely the Director of Medical & Rural Health Services.
- Director of Medical Education, Chennai-10 - Chennai
- Director of Medical and Rural Health Services, Chennai-6 - Member
- Dean, Madras Medical College, Chennai-3 - Member
The approved Hospital propose the cases for Renal Transplant every week before the Authorization Committee for approval. It is the responsibility of the Hospitals approved for RENAL TRANSPLANTATION to verify the health condition of the Recipients/Donors and correctness of the address and identity of the recipients. They also given Undertaking for each case that they have verified the correctness of identity of recipients and donors and for the genuinity of all the documents they forward to the Authorization Committee. Based on the proposals from the approved Hospitals, the authorization committee verify the Identity / Nativity using Xerox copy of Ration cards / Election Identity cards or any other approved photo identity documents.
- As per the orders of the Government, every Friday After-Noon, the Authorization Committee meets and conduct the business of verifying the genuinity of Recipients and Donors and based on the satisfaction of the entire Committee Members, approval is given to the conduct of the Renal Transplantation and the decision of the Authorization Committee is sent to the approval Hospitals concerned every Monday by Fax followed by confirmation letters by post. The cases referred by the approved private Hospitals are arranged for the presentation to the Authorization Committee in the order of the order of the receipt of the documents from the private hospitals and according to the number assigned by the Tapal section. every week representatives of the Charmin and Members of the Committee i.e. a Deputy Director of Medical Education, a join / Deputy Director of Medical Rural Health Services and professor from the Madras Medical College will conduct the meeting by rotation and there is no change for any Person to influence the Authorization Committee for approval beforehand as the names of the Members are decided on the morning of Fridays only.
As per the Human Organ Transplantation Act / Government Order No. 341 Health and Family Welfare, dt.29.10.03, to process the Renal Transplantation cases the Nephrologist of the approval hospital should forward the following documents with reference to the recipient as well as donor of the organ.
- Processing Fee (Demand Draft ): for Rs.1000/- in favour of the Chairman, Authorisastion Committee, Kilpauk,Chennai-10.
- Form I, II and X Form III ( If the Patient and Donor are related like Brother / Sister/ Mother / Father / Son / Daughter)
- Patient and Donor: Identification Marks
Declaration : Consultant Nephrolkogist should explain the complications of Surgery.
Patient and Donor: Proof Nativity
- the Patient and Donor Should submit their Identity Card / Nativity using attested Xerox Copy of Ration Card/ Election Identity Card or any other approval photo identify document like , Passport or Pass Book of three years transaction.
- The Notary Public should attest Proof Nativity.
Other State / Other Countries
- In the case of recipients who are natives of other States or Countries and non-resident in our State, any non-relative donors should normally be from their State/ Country only and should bring clearance from the Authorisastion Committee governing their area.
- Valid Passport, Visa, High Commission Embassy letters should be enclosed with the application from foreign Nation patients and Donors otherwise the application are subjected to rejection.
- Consent Letter:
- Original letter of consent from the spouse of the donor in the affidavit should be enclosed. Joint photographs should fixed in affidavit (Donor and Sponse)
- Original letter of consent of the donor in the affidavit duly signed in the presence Magistrate or Notary Public. donor photograph should be affixed in the affidavit.
- Original letter of consent of the patient in the affidavit duly signed in the presence of the Magistrate or Notary Public. Joined photographs should be affixed in affidavit (Patient and Donor)
- The affidavits produced by the Patient, Donor and Spouse of the Donor should be in English and also in the mother tongue of the donor.
- Witness signature should be affixed in the affidavit (at least one of whom is relative of such persons)
- Joint photographs should affixed in a affidavit (Patient and Donor) and (Donor and Spouse)
- HLA Test:
- If the patient and donor are related the tests for HLA matching should be done by a approved lab. Which is not attached affiliated to the Hospital where the transplantation is to be formed.
- Registration Copy:
A copy of Registration letter issued to the approval institution by DM & RHS, Chennai should be enclosed along with the applications only when all the documents submitted are in order the Patient will be called for counseling to the authorization committee and only after the approval committee the concerned hospital should perform surgery.
Additional Authorization Committees for Organ Transplantation:
In order to avoid the difficulties faced by the patients undergoing transplantation in southern districts and western districts of Tamilnadu by traveling all the way to Chennai for approval, the Government has made provision for two more additional committees one at Madurai and another at Coimbatore with following persions as Members.
- Dean of Madurai / Coimbatore Medical College
- Joint Director of Medical Services of concerned District.
- DRO representing the District Collect of the concerned District.
However these subcommittees can deal cases only when the Patient. donor and the referred hospitals all situated from the following surrounding revenue districts to the place of committee respectively.
The Juristriction of Madurai Committee is :
The Juristriction of Coimbatore Committee is:
These additional committees can not deal cases when the patient/donor are from other parts of Tamilnadu / States / other countries
||Theni at Periyakulam