On 20th February 2020, MOHAN Foundation delivered an awareness talk on organ donation at Anjuman Girls Degree College of Arts in Sadar, Nagpur for the students of the institute.
Dr. Naheed Suri, Principal and NSS Unit In-charge of the institute had extended the invitation and Mr. Bulu Behera, Transplant Coordinator represented MOHAN Foundation at the event.
Dr. Suri briefly introduced the topic and the speaker to the audience, before Mr. Behera addressed the group. Information related to the following topics was given to the students:
1) What is organ donation?
2) Whom to contact for organ donation?
3) The THO Act 1994
4) What is natural death and brain death?
5) What is the eye donation process?
6) What is the body donation process?
7) Causes of brain death
8) Role of Zonal Transplant Coordination Centre (ZTCC) in organ donation
9) MOHAN Foundation’s activities and using its website and help line number
Questions asked by participants
Around 45 students were present at the event and 5 of them pledged to be organ donors. Dr. Suri thanked MOHAN Foundation and the participants as the event came to a close.