A training camp was conducted by 1(TN)CTC NCC for school and college NCC Cadets at Hindustan Institute of Technology & Science (HITS), Kelambakkam, Chennai. MOHAN Foundation was given an opportunity to conduct a session on Organ Donation and Transplantation with the support of Col Jobee Philip. On July 12, 2023, MOHAN Foundation organized an awareness session at MGR Auditorium, HITS.
Ms Arshiya Fatima, Helpline Counselor walked the audience through the concept of organ donation, transplantation, brain death and myths on organ donation. Followed by Mr Ganesh C, Marketing Coordinator, who conducted a movie related quiz to the students on organ donation. Over 483 students and NCC staff attended the session.
Some of the question asked were:
1. Who will determine the cost of the transplantation operation?
2. Why can’t organs be donated in case of circulatory death?
3. During eye donation is the whole eyeball retrieved?
4. How long can the skin or eye be stored?
5. Can private hospitals do transplants?
MOHAN Foundation extends it warm gratitude to Col. Jobee Philip, for supporting in organizing this event.