On 23rd February 2022, Ms. Jaya Jairam discussed about organ donation with Ms. Sonali and Sangeetha employees of Adani Electricity Group at Bandra - Kurla Complex, Mumbai.
She introduced the concept ‘Gift of Life’ and explained MOHAN Foundation’s objectives.
Following topics were addressed during the talk:-
- What is organ donation?
- What comes to your mind when you think of organ donation?
- Who can donate?
- No age constraint for organ donation
- Difference between living donor and deceased donor
- Types of death- Brain death and Circulatory death
- Brain death declaration through tests and procedures
- The status of organ donation in India and its requirements.
- Myths of organ donation and its facts
- Importance of donor card and how one can become a donor
- Helpline number 18001037100 was shared with them.
Ms. Jaya Jairam inspired them by giving her own example of her mother donating kidney to her.
Questions asked by them
- How can organs be healthy in brain death?
- Within what duration of time the organs of the brain death donor should be transplanted to the recipient?
Ms. Jaya Jairam answered all their questions. Ms. Sonali and Sangeetha thanked Ms. Jaya Jairam for training them about organ donation.
Source-Ms. Jaya Jairam