Awareness Session on Organ Donation at Govt. Model Senior Secondary School, Sector-23, Chandigarh
On 29th June 2019, MOHAN Foundation was invited by the Laison Officer Mr. Bikram Rana, for Youth Leadership & Personality Development Camp to conduct awareness talk on organ donation at Govt. Model Senior Secondary School, Chandigarh.
Around 350 Youth Participants from various schools of Chandigarh participated in the program. Participants were given the presentation on organ donation by Ms. Neha Sharma
In this talk she explained the following points: -
● Organ donation types and who can be a donor
● She challenged 5 myths with 5 facts on Organ Donation
● Difference between natural death and brain death
● Real life stories of an organ transplant being shared with the participants
● Importance of Donor card
● To pledge their organs, they can register at MOHAN Foundation.
Participants were very enthusiastic and asked many queries related to the transplantation process. Participants were highly satisfied and motivated with the noble cause by MOHAN Foundation. They took the donor cards to express their wish through MOHAN Foundation and many of them had registered for E-donor card.
Our special thanks to Mr. Bikram Rana, Laison Officer, for their kind support in organising the session.