MOHAN Foundation was invited by Mr. Sharad Jighkar, Regional Transport Officer, Giripeth, Nagpur to conduct an awareness session on organ donation for drivers who apply for vehicles registration and driving license on 6th January 2017.
Mr. Bulu Behera of MOHAN Foundation Nagpur delivered a talk on Organ Donation. In his talk he explained the following points:-
• What is Organ Donation and the Law
• Who can donate organs
• Types of organ donation
• Brain Death Natural Death and Coma
• Myths related to Organ donation
• Deceased donation cases in Nagpur
• Kidney transplant hospitals in Nagpur
• Importance of Donor card, Helpline number and website
It was a very interactive session. 20 drivers were present at the talk. 2 drivers signed consent form and took donor card.
The drivers asked the following questions:-
1) If I sign consent form and take Donor Card do you provide any facilities to me as an organ donor?
2) If I am poor and I have no money then how can I do kidney transplant?
3) Whom to contact for eye donation?
Copyright © 2017 MOHAN Foundation. All Rights Reserved. Hosted, Designed, Content Management & Technical Support by Medindia4u.com Pvt. Ltd