MOHAN Foundation was invited to conduct an awareness program on Organ Donation by Dr. Dhananjaya Ookalkar of Ashmini Kidney Care and Dialysis Center, Dharampeth, Nagpur. The session was conducted on 04.08.2018 by Mr. Bulu Behera, Transplant Coordinator, Nagpur.
Mr. Bulu Behera started the session by playing a video on the Process of Organ Donation. He started the presentation to explain in details about the concept of organ donation to the dialysis technicians from the centre. The topics discussed were:
1. Activities carried out by MOHAN Foundation.
2. What is organ donation?
3. Type of donors and stages at which organ donation can happen.
4. Brain death & Coma.
5. Importance of Donor card.
The session went on for 45 minutes. There was around 10 dialysis technician present and 2 of them signed consent form and took donor cards. Questions asked by the technicians
1. What is the rate of organ donation in India?
2. What is transplant process?
Dr. Dhananjay Ookalkar thanked the MOHAN Foundation for their work towards the promotion of organ donation.