On 28 July 2018 Mr. B. G. Wankhede supervisor of the Nava Prativa high school, Sirashpeth, Nagpur invited MOHAN Foundation to conduct an awareness on organ donation for their teaching staff and students.
Mr. Bulu Behera, Transplant Coordinator from MOHAN Foundation gave a talk on the Concepts of Organ Donation. In his talk he explained the points written below:
1. What is Organ Donation and the Law?
2. Who can donate organ?
3. Type of organ donation.
4. Difference between Brain Death, Natural Death and Coma.
5. Myths related to Organ donation.
6. A story of a donor and his family from Nagpur.
7. Importance of Donor card, Helpline number and website.
It was a very interactive session more than 50 students as well as teachers were presented at the talk. 3 teachers signed the consent form and took donor cards.
Students asked following points: