On 16th August 2017, Mrs. Rupali Hingwe Principal of the Mundle English Medium School, Matakachari, Nagpur invited MOHAN Foundation to conduct an awareness of organ donation for her staff and students. On 13th August 2017 MOHAN Foundation gave a motivational Talk to the public, during the talk Shri. Makarand Pandharipande Chairman, Mrs. Megha Padhye Assistant Head Mistress, Mrs. Rashmi Panigrahi and Miss. Prerma Mehta were present. They urged the Principal to conduct a talk in their school.
Dr. Ravi Wankhede spoke on Organ Donation with the help of audio visual tools. In his talk he explained the following points:
1. What is Organ Donation and the Law?
2. Who can donate organs?
3. Types of organ donation.
4. Brain Death, Cardiac Death and Coma.
5. Myths related to Organ donation.
6. Deceased donation cases in Nagpur.
7. Kidney transplant hospitals in Nagpur.
8. Importance of Donor card, Helpline number and website.
It was a very interactive session and more than 400 students as well as teachers were present at the talk. 3 teachers signed consent form and took donor cards.
Students asked the following queries:-