On 16th February, 2017 MOHAN Foundation was invited by Mr. G. Nimbathey incharge of Humanities department to conduct a deceased organ donation awareness programme at Visvesvaraya National Institute of Technology (NIT) for the students, teaching & non-teaching staff.
Mr. V.K. Deshpande, Director, Visvesvaraya National Institute of Technology welcomed Dr. Ravi Wankhede. Ms. Ritika Ghadia & Mr. Satish Mandana welcomed the dignitaries & students.
After that Dr. Ravi Wankhede, Director of MOHAN Foundation, Nagpur Center conducted the session with the help of brochures & a Power Point Presentation. He explained the following points to the audience about organ donation & transplantation.
1) What is Organ Donation & Types of Organ Donation?
2) Process of Organ Donation.
3) Difference between Coma & Brain Death.
4) How to identify brain death patients?
5) Organ donation statistics of India & the World.
6) Causes of Brain death.
7) Importance of Organ donation.
After the talk, students asked some questions like.
1) How does MOHAN Foundation know that the donor card holder is dead?
2) What is the criteria for an Organ transplant?
3) Why is family consent important?
200 students, Teaching & Non-teaching staff attended the session. Everyone took the consent form but they wanted to sign after discussing with their family members.