On 07.06.2018, MOHAN Foundation Jaipur Citizen Forum (MFJCF)- Navjeevan team was invited by the Singod Khurd Panchayat, Jaipur, Rajasthan to deliver an awareness talk on organ donation for the villagers.
Mrs. Kamla Chaudhary and Mr. Pavan Kumar Dubey represented the MFJCF team.
Mr. Trilok Chand (Sarpanch), Mr. Ram Babu Sharma (Gram Sevak) and 35 villagers attended the session and got the useful information about organ donation.
Mrs. Kamla Chaudhari delivered a talk with the help of presentation and videos based on organ donation and brain death. She covered the following points during her presentation.
1. Organ Donation and Brain death
2. Transplant Law of India
3. Brief Information about donors of Rajsathan.
4. Web registry (Rajasthan Network for Organ Sharing)
Some questions asked by villagers and answered by members
1. How can we get the kidney for the transplant?
2. Does organ donor family members get priority when they are in need of organ?
3. How does the Government compensate the donor family members?
After the interactive session all the villagers picked the donor card and promised to spread awareness about the noble cause amongst friends and family.